I know, this sounds completely unthinkable.
But would you have believed me a year ago if I said:
– the stock market would be down 40%,
– the nation’s largest mortgage company will die (Countrywide),
– the nation’s largest insurer will die (AIG),
– the nation’s first money market fund will go under,
– the nation’s largest bank failure will happen (WaMu),
– the nation’s largest bankruptcy will occur (Lehman Bros),
– Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac will go belly-up,
– 13 banks will fail, including Wachovia and IndyMac,
– All Wall Street investment banks will be dead or dying (Lehman, Merrill, Bear, Goldman, Morgan)
2) George Green (hero), millionaire insider and former investment banker/real estate mogul, had lunch last month with an unnamed Congressman. He was told “In six months you won’t recognize the American currency.” This implies a total collpase and replacement of the dollar by the last week in March 2009.
3) Roger Weigand, 40-year veteran of the precious metals markets and editor of the Trader Tracks newsletter, had this to say in a new interview [link].
“I have word from a high-level official the dollar and our currency systems are going to breakdown before January 15th. I hope it doesn’t happen, but that’s my contact’s prognosis has been correct 99 times out of 100. That’s pretty scary.”
TGR: So if the system breaks down then what?
RW: “The dollar, bonds, and non-precious metals shares will tank. We’ll have massive inflation, prices will go up, the economy will stagnate, and a lot of businesses will grind to a halt. That’s a depression, not a recession.”
TGR: What will gold do?
RW: “Gold will skyrocket.”
4) The predictive linguistic work of www.halfpasthuman.com has indicated for more than a year of a ‘death of the dollar’ event to play out in some November of an unknown year. This technique is gaining credibility as it was used to predict the Christmas Tsunami a few years back and the China earthquake two months ago. They are now seeing a 5-month long period of increasingly dire financial and military events leading up to “The Summer From Hell” in 2009.
Update 10/19/2008: I just ran across a tidbit from the Predictive Linguistics guys at HalfPastHuman:
“If you want to put temporal markers out there, do something that’s big and happening soon enough – like the ‘things go badly for American expatriates”…that one is going big and coming really fast…should peak in about two months and then fade off into late February.”
“Dollar collapse means ‘Ugly American’ labels, more like it. By March 2009 the issue fades under the other bigger items which will impact by March-April 2009, most likely.”
When we’re under a prolonged “bank holiday”, the markets are in a death spiral, inflation is going nuts and the good ol’ greenback is used to line your birdcage, you can still “stand fast against the crash of breaking worlds.” Calmly open up your safe and gaze on your store of true wealth: gold and silver bullion.
Update 10/20/2008: The Global Europe Anticipation Bulletin has issued a strongly-worded warning about the impending demise of the US economy next summer, including the death of the dollar. [read more]
Check this out: Hyperinflation: What It Looks Like