“Piper” asks, ”
Do you have any knowledge of the following:
The “11:11 Phenomenon” & Lightworkers.
Please research (if necessary) and share with us.
Also, Scott— Are you a Lightworker?”
I hadn’t heard of “11:11” before. I googled it and got the gist, I think.
Doesn’t seem to be much to it, IMO. The human subconscious has a “reticular activating system” that, among other duties, pre-screens external sensory input. It decides what, out of everything you see, hear, smell and touch is important enough to present to the conscious mind. Everything else is considered surplus data and is ignored.
Ever notice how you may enter a room and smell a distinct odor, only to have it become unnoticeable 10 minutes later. RAS at work.
I have a friend who conditioned himself in high school (I think) that the number 37 was significant to him. James saw 37s everywhere. Once we, his friends, became likewise conditioned we saw 37s everywhere as well, and would point them out.
My 24-year-old son sees cops everywhere. He’s conditioned himself to notice cops as a way to reduce speeding tickets and traffic violations. He loves Trans-Ams, sees them everywhere as well. Do Trans-Ams have spiritual significance. Only, I would say, to the extent you give them it.
Number of People = Number of Paths to God
But I also believe almost any object or concept can be used as a path to God. I once spent 8 hours wallpapering an office with just one song on my boombox on infinite repeat [song]. I sang along with it as a sincere offering to God. I felt His response and, now, at a distance of 8 years, hearing the song again immediately brings back tears of longing.
If 11:11 has spiritual significance to you, go for it.
A saint once said, “People always come to me and say ‘I want peace!’ I tell them to get rid of their sense of self, the ‘I’, get rid of desires or wants, and all that’s left is peace.”
I believe that is the essence of the spiritual path.
Who Are the Lightworkers?
I found these Lightworker questionnaire on the web [link].
You may be a Lightworker if you:
1) Feel called to heal others. (Not really, but I do like to help.)
2) Know that PEACE and LOVE is the way forward for humanity. (Absolutely.)
3) Want to resolve the world’s social and environmental problems. (It’s gotten so bad now that the quickest way out is through. *)
4) Believe that spiritual methods can heal any situation. (Absolutely, but not exclusively.)
5) Have had mystical experiences (yes), such as psychic premonitions (no, but would love to) or angelic encounters (no).
6) Want to heal your own life as a first step in healing the world. (OK, working on yourself is MUCH harder than telling someone else how to run their life. The latter is often entertaining yet, ultimately, unfulfilling. I guess I know where that leaves me now.)
7) Feel compelled to help earth in a spiritual way through: speaking, writing, teaching, healing or counselling. (Yes, but I still love the freedom money brings.)
8) Know you are here for a higher purpose, even if you are unsure how to fulfill it. (Bingo!)
*Honestly, most days I’m torn between wanting to help fix everything and just getting the hell off the planet. I have never really felt like I belong here. It feels like I must’ve cut some deal with God about being here, and have spent most of my life being pissed off about it.
Hell On Earth
I swear, for people consciously on the spiritual path this place, earth, is truly hell: there ain’t nuthin’ worse. When we die we’ll head back to a beautiful astral plane somewhere over the rainbow with other wonderful souls of like mind. This planet, on the physical plane, is as bad as it’s gonna get for us.
So why don’t I grow up, accept things as they are, and get busy? Wish I knew…it’s not for lack of trying…if only I could find that instruction book God gave me when He kicked me down here…
WARNING: <begin rant>
Do you think they have Windows Vista in heaven? Hell no! (Yes, I’ve been suffering through a forced upgrade to Vista since my main PC died this last weekend–software problem, not hardware problem.)Microsoft’s philosophy seems to be, “If we don’t have anything new to steal from Apple to include in the latest version we’ll just remove some useful features, hide others under a reorganized menu structure and make the previous file versions incompatible. Slap a cute name on it and sell it to the ignorant masses. OK, I also upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007. Yikes! Excel 2007 blew away my data ranges for the COMEX graphs.
Yogananda did say the physical plane is the only plane where souls from all levels of development interact. We’re all segregated when in the astral world or causal world.
I wish I were a better person. If I’m a Lightworker I’m a damn poor one, but will offer up quick applause to all of you who are better than me!